Sunday, December 7, 2014

2014/15 Winter Workout Playlist





Finding the right songs with the right beat is an art when it comes to working out. When I work out I have a playlist that changes day to day, week to week or sometimes month to month, it just depends on my mood. When running, I like to listen to any type of music, but all of the songs I listen to tend to be motivational and push me when I feel like I don't want to run any longer. Music makes running slightly more enjoyable and bearable on the rough days. I'll share with you just a some of the songs I have on my playlist this winter.

  1. Fancy by Iggy Azalea: This song is a total confidence booster. It makes you feel like you are on top of the world and could keep running forever.
  2. Work by Iggy Azalea: This is another great one by Iggy. It's upbeat and fun, great for a strength workout.
  3. Roar by Katy Perry: This song may be a year or two old, but it is still one of my favorite workout songs. It is so powerful and makes me feel strong,
  4. Hall of Fame by The Script: I have always liked this song. It reminds me why I am running; it pushes me to be my very best and makes me think about how far I've come and how far I have left to go. 
  5. This is How we Do by Katy Perry: The title pretty much says it all. This is how we do it. We run and work hard to improve every day.
  6. I Knew You Were Trouble by Taylor Swift: This song really doesn't relate to running at all, I just like its upbeat tempo while running.
  7. Eye of the Tiger by Survivor: Yes, this is an old one. But it is still a great song for working out, especially for a difficult strength workout.
  8. Stronger by Kelly Clarkson: This song works for any type of workout. I really like it for running because it reminds me to stay strong and stand tall. "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." So just keep working and improving, pushing yourself isn't going to kill you, it's only going to make you better.
  9. Can't Hold Us by Macklemore and Ryan Lewis: This is best for getting pumped up before a workout. Such a catchy beat.
  10. Lastly, one of Taylor Swift's latest, Shake it Off: This is my new favorite. Not only is it upbeat and fun, but it says "shake it off." Forget about the day's stresses for awhile and just let loose and shake things off. That's what working out is for.
These are just some of the songs that can be found on my playlist. Feel free to take some of these or other songs by these artists and create your own playlist. It is important to have upbeat and motivational music to workout to, it makes working out fun.

Word Count: 491

No comments:

Post a Comment